Starting from Scratch

I'm starting from scratch. For a couple of reasons:
  • I stopped consistently reading for a couple of years 
    • (I know, very upsetting, but I had school and work)
    • But, I'm going to try to keep this up from now on, at least during the summer
  • Blogspot changed to Blogger and I can't log on to my old blog whenever I try
    • I honestly can't remember how I logged onto Blogspot before, but I can't figure out how to log on to my old account, no matter what I try
    • It's been like 5 years since I blogged, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got deleted somehow just from not using it
I just got out of school a month ago and I've been reading so many books, and I just really missed blogging about them. It's nice to write down how you felt about a book since none of my friends are big readers; it was always nice to talk with other bloggers about books. But, starting from scratch also comes with some challenges:
  • I don't remember how to format blog HTML successfully
    • I've tried to format the theme of this blog multiple times and it doesn't come out right
    • I kind of gave up and left it the way it was, but I'm going to try and figure it out gradually
  • No one follows this blog/knows about it, but I hope that changes
    • I had a good amount of followers on my other blog and I can't remember the blogs I followed and many of them are not updated anymore
  • Figuring out how to review books
    • Do I copy some of my reviews from my old blog and store them here or actually start from scratch?
    • I've read a lot of books this month, so I might start with those
  • I am waaaaay behind on reading series that everyone and their mother has already read
    • It is very embarrassing 
    • I never finished the City of Bones series, which speaks for itself...
    • I am ashamed 
    • But I am reading them, don't you worry whoever is reading this
    • It's going to take awhile to catch up on popular series, so I think I'm going to be pretty irrelevant for a lot of bloggers now
It's okay though, I still think I am going to enjoy blogging and sharing my thoughts on books! I remember enjoying blogging, so I'm ready to continue!!

Kristen

Book enthusiast and avid reader of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment